Waitwhile supports integrating with your own preferred messaging provider instead of the providers that we natively support (incl. Twilio, Messagebird, Plivo).
Currently two-way messaging is only supported when you use Waitwhile's default messaging providers. That means that you will no longer see your customer's text replies directly inside Waitwhile anymore.
What you will need
- Messaging provider with a transaction API
- Server Backend that is responsible for receiving message requests from Waitwhile and forwarding these to the Messaging Provider
- Set up your backend server and create an API endpoint to receive message requests (e.g. https://api.yourdomain.com/sendmessage)
- In Waitwhile, add a new Webhook endpoint under Settings > Integrations > Webhooks. Enter your endpoint URL and choose to trigger the webhook on the "Message sent" event.
- Waitwhile API will now pass the sender object (e.g. phone number, name of customer etc.) to your server.
- In your server backend, integrate with the Messaging Provider and pass the sender object data to their API.
- Once everything is confirmed to work on your end, we will turn off the default Waitwhile messaging provider(s) for your account.
You can see more documentation of the Waitwhile API and endpoints here: https://api.waitwhile.com/docs.
Reach out to our support team if you have more questions!